Wednesday, August 11, 2004

 

FIrst Post

Hello. Well, this is the first. What have I done today? well, first thing I was woken around 8.10 by my Grandmother phoning. This grandmother (called 'Nan') was to take me up to my other grandmother's home (the Priory) so she could have her hair done. I heard the phone ring and staggered from bed without putting on my glasses. this led to a blured conversation in which Nan told me that she would be over in around half an hour. In that time I had to feed the chickens, let the dog (Patch) out and feed him, followed by feeding myself. I did this and had cornflakes that I had not finished by the time she arrived. I ran and got my coat ( it was quite misty and I felt that I may need my replacement to Mangy Green Fleece) and went. We got there eventualy and I went in to pick my Gran up. As we drove over to the hairdressers, she started talking about some realy odd things. She told us about how she had come over all dizzy and couldn't move for a while. This sounds like one of her mini-strokes, and it makes her a lot more confused. She started to talk about how we should head to Cardiff and on to London and Paris. It is rather sad, although she did seem ore lucid than when we had her to stay for seven weeks last year. Then she told me that she knew that I wasn't the real Royston, although I looked a bit like him. Also my mother had become the Danish Au Pair girl, and she tried to walk to Newport (20 odd miles away). After taking her back to her home and taking her up to her room (with a nice balcony and good views) I went into town. I told my grandmother that I was meeting up with a friend, so she now thinks I am seeing someone. I had half a crab baguette for lunch and sat on a bench by a church reading 'On Liberty' by JS Mill. My friend Tim came along and we went to the Malt House. I had a couple of Olives and a coffee, and then retired to the student section and had a flick through the Daily Mail while Tim had a few cigarettes. I tried to find something to mock it over, and appart from a few overreactions there was nothing. Saw a couple of people walk past who I knew and went out to wave at them. It was David who I sat next to throughout GCSE English, and formed a bit of a bond with, and his Girlfriend Bex who I have sat by in RS. She is really friendly, and cheerful but is giving it up to continue with her 'science'. We walked up town and met Robin and Lou, two girls who I get on well with. I air-kissed and hugged Robin, and then moved on to a shirt shop. I saw a very nice one but as It cost around £50 I decided to give it a miss. Decided to invite Tim back to my place, as my family would be away. I havn't had anyone around for years and years as I was a bit worried about them meeting my family and seeing the home as it is a bit messy. It turned out fine as I took Tim around our fields and showed him the place that is being worked upon to be our new house. Couldn't get in as I had left the key somewhere else and so we just wondered around outside before walking back down the hill. Felt a bit tired and so had a bath and sat for about half an hour watching the news and eating a bit of Green and Blacks ice cream. It tasted fantastic. Reading: 'On Liberty' by JS Mill Listening to: Franz Ferdinand and The Libertines: can't stand me now Computer Games: None today - been too busy
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?